Terms of Reference
Colonialisation in Nigeria took place between 1800’s to the 20th Century when the country gained its independence. Significant events include the amalgamation of the Southern and Northern Protectorates in 1914, naming of the country by Lady Shaw, and finally, Independence on October 1st, 1960. This project is about the foreigners who played roles in the colonization of Nigeria.
A person qualifies as a colonial if they fulfill the following criteria:
- He/She is not an indigene of Nigeria.
- He/She worked with/in the Colonial Government during the period of colonization.
The final output will be the author’s original work presented in an editable Word document containing the following:
- List of 120 colonialists
- Each colonial’s biography and role(s) alongside relevant photos of the person or events.
- 72hours: List of at least 40 Colonials
- One week: List of 60 Colonials, Biography of at least 40 Colonials
- 10 Days: List of 120 Colonials, Biography of at least 75 Colonials
- Deadline: Editable Word document containing the following;
List and biographies of all 120 colonials and their roles played in the colonial era.
All relevant photographs
List of sources and references.